(Specialty) Contacts & Retainers
Learn about the content lens fitting and evaluation process at 4Sight iCare.
The contact lens fitting & evaluation is performed immediately following a comprehensive eye exam. We ask your goals and test for your best vision so we can determine what lens should suit you best. We can extend your visit up to 90 days to add services like a Contact Lens Fitting and Evaluation (CLFE) or a follow-up Contact Lens Progress Evaluation (CLPE) so you may pay for the service without paying for an additional visit.
It’s always best to start the process at your exam so you can take advantage of FREE EXCHANGE of any supply should the trial not go well. Each and every fitting includes a diagnostic pair of lenses that your doctor checks on the eye for stability and safety; additional trials are available upon request. We also require new contact lens wearers to take a class at a cost of $20, $0 after most vision plan insurances.
- Level 1 CLFE’s include soft lens fitting for a spherical or astigmatism correcting contact lens. The price for this service is $90 but cost as low as $0 after insurance.
- Level 2 CLFE’s include monovision, multifocal design, color contact lenses or spherical custom lenses. This service may also be as little as $0 after insurance but are valued at $110.
- Level 3 CLFE’s include semi-custom and custom lenses including hybrid hard/soft, multifocal toric soft lenses, extended range toric lenses, gas permeable toric or multifocal. Determination of your prescription in these types of contact lenses are valued at $170.
- Level 4 Retainers and Scleral fittings are specialty lenses designed to either provide LASIK-like results without surgery or a new front surface for the eye to see clearly for the first time. Global fees include all materials, additional visits with advanced technologies in the office, and necessary education for its use. There are several tiers within these two respective categories but the all-inclusive global fee for this service starts as low as 4 Easy Payments of $394.
- Scleral contact lens fitting is also used in our treatment of severe dry eye. When dessicaton of the ocular surface reaches the point where we can improve comfort by trapping healthy tears against the eye for the length of the day we turn to Scleral contact lenses. When irregularity on the front surface of the eye is such that clear vision can’t be achieved any other way, we use Scleral contact lenses. When athletes or professionals need clear sharp vision in a custom contact that they don’t want to ever possibly pop out during times of high performance, Scleral contacts is the correction that works for anybody.
- Vision Shaping Retainers are worn at night while sleeping and gently change your vision to 20/20 overnight. The next morning, removal of the retainers means you won’t be wearing anything for approximately 18 hours – you’ll just be seeing! Check out Vision Shaping Treatment or SMILE/LASIK consultations as each are offered complimentary to established patients as a professional courtesy. Retainers and dual focus contacts are also used in Myopia Management.
- We even fit performance-tinted contact lenses for outdoor sports. The Altius tinted lenses have the ability to improve visual performance at play and block blue light from digital devices.